Dry Skin: Do's and Don'ts
How can you take care of Dry Skin?
- Use a body butter or a cream rather than a lotion - they are more effective. Since the formulation is different from a lotion, body butters tend to lock in moisture more effectively.
- Apply moisturizer within 3 minutes of drying off after a bath. Use the same rule after you wash your hands. This makes sure that the skin still has the moisture from the skin being hydrated from the bath.
- Do not forget to moisturize overnight. This is the longest uninterrupted, healing chunk of time that your entire body has and using the right moisturizer at night can heal and rejuvenate your skin while you sleep.
- Drink the right amount of water to ensure hydration (most healthy adults would require at least 2.5 litres); exercise at least 5 times a week to ensure good circulation and detoxification.
- If you use warmers at home to keep the temperature high, then definitely use a humidifier to add moisture to the air. A heater/warmer emits dry, hot air that dries out our body.
- Wear clothes made of fabrics that do not irritate your skin.
- Use a mild/natural laundry detergent for your clothes so that your skin is not irritable from it.
Finally, if doing all these do not bring any relief, then it is time to see your dermatologist doctor. All our Ibbani products are made with natural ingredients and pure essential oils, many of our regular customers have reported extremely positive results for not just dry skin, but also chronic eczema, and for topical relief in mild psoriasis too.
Leave a comment